Heather Primary School promotes high achievement and learning for life for all children so that they will:
- Enjoy life long learning.
- Achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum.
- Develop their individuality in creative, physical and spiritual areas.
- To develop confident, caring, enquiring individuals prepared for the future.
- Gain advanced technical skills and apply them appropriately.
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Have a developing respect for others by awareness and understanding of the wider community both in the UK and the world.
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- A happy and stimulating learning environment.
- An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed.
- A broad and challenging curriculum.
- Opportunities to share, to demonstrate and to celebrate their achievements.
- An enriching programme of extra curricular activities (including an annual theatre visit for all children and a residential experience for upper and lower Key Stage 2 children).
- Off-site class visits linked to curriculum activities.
- Learning partnerships between school, home and the wider community.
- Developing and maintaining links with other schools in the UK and beyond.
- An approach that promotes equal opportunities and inclusion.
- A safe and secure environment, where all adults involved in working with children have voluntary DBS checks.
During the Spring and Summer terms of 2016, every stakeholder in the school – pupils, teachers, support staff, governors, parents – was asked to share their ‘vision’ for the school. You can see all of their thoughts collected together in the document below.