Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
We have the key goal that pupils leaving Heather primary school are physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The Sports Premium funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE: We aim to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport at Heather. We strive for a long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
We hope to see and measure an impact against the following five areas:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- to raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- to increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- to offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils
- to increase participation in competitive sport